Working as a truck driver is not an easy task and comes with a variety of safety risks. Injury from lifting, or dropping a heavy load you were transporting, or getting into an accident on the road are just a few. There are several things that can go wrong on the job and if they do, it’s important that you know how to protect your income by knowing what qualifies you for workers compensation benefits. As a truck driver, navigating your workers comp claim is not easy, but working with Erwin, McCane and Daly can assist you in figuring out if you may be eligible for workers’ compensation.
Common Injuries For Truck Drivers
While any number of things can happen while operating a semi-truck, the most common injuries for truck drivers include:
- Injuries sustained in an accident
- Injuries loading or unloading freight
- Injuries making roadside repairs on the truck
- Slip and falls while entering or exiting the truck
The road comes with its fair share of risks as you aren’t just worrying about if you are operating your vehicle safely, but how other drivers are operating their vehicles. While we’d like to believe that everyone is trying their best to keep the roads safe and are following the rules of the road, we know that the reality is often different.
Additionally, as with any job that requires manual labor, you can be injured loading and unloading the truck, or even climbing in and out of the truck. Any repetitive motion can end up causing strain and potential injury, so be sure to keep track of any injuries sustained, even the little ones.
Obtaining Workers’ Compensation for Truck Drivers
At Erwin, McCane & Daly, our workers’ compensation lawyers know the risks that truck drivers face out on the road. We’re here to help you get the compensation you deserve after an injury on the job. Here’s how we can help:
- Walk you through the steps of your workers’ compensation case
- Help you file the necessary paperwork to obtain workers’ compensation benefits
- Anticipate and help resolve issues that may come up during your case
- Gather evidence to prove that you are entitled to workers’ compensation benefits
- Act as legal representation in court
Our workers’ compensation attorneys are here to help you navigate the process and ensure you have the best chance of obtaining workers compensation benefits. If you were injured while out of the road, contact us for a free consultation on your case.