—Useful Advice from a Social Security Disability Lawyer
To qualify for SSDI, you must have one of the medical impairments or conditions listed by the Social Security Administration (SSA). While there is a long list of accepted impairments and conditions, some are more commonly found in SSDI claims in Albany , NY than others. Regardless of whether or not your condition is on the list, you should consult an SSDI attorney for assistance with your application.
Most Common Categories Used for SSDI Claims
If you think you have a qualifying condition, you will want to review the SSA’s list of approved conditions and impairments. Some of the most commonly used conditions and impairment categories include:
- Autoimmune Disorders – This includes rheumatoid arthritis, multiple sclerosis (MS), lupus or systemic lupus erythematosus.
- Cardiovascular Disorders – This includes heart failure, high blood pressure and coronary artery disease.
- Digestive System Disorders – This can include liver disease, Crohn’s disease, irritable bowel syndrome, gout, hepatitis, and ulcerative colitis.
- Multiple Body System Disorders – This commonly includes Lyme disease.
- Endocrine System Disorders – This includes neuropathy or peripheral neuropathy, obesity and diabetes.
- Genito-Urinary Disorders – This can include interstitial cystitis and kidney failure.
- Psychiatric Disorders – Debilitating psychiatric disorders, such as ADHD, anxiety, autism, Asperger’s syndrome, bipolar disorder, severe depression, alcohol or drug addiction, panic attacks, PTSD, schizophrenia and other organic mental disorders can qualify.
- Impairments of the Musculoskeletal System – Includes arthritis, spine disorders, degenerative disc disease, scoliosis, fibromyalgia, carpal tunnel syndrome, reflex sympathetic dystrophy (RSD) and ruptured discs.
- Cancer – Any type of cancer can qualify for SSDI, including mesothelioma.
- Neurological Disorders – This can include seizure disorders, stroke, and traumatic brain injury (TBI).
- Respiratory Disorders – Sleep apnea, COPD, emphysema, and asthma.
- Sensual Impairments – This can include blindness, partial vision loss and hearing loss.
- Miscellaneous Conditions – This can include things like chronic pain or chronic migraines.
Even individuals with qualifying medical conditions can be denied SSDI benefits. That is why it is imperative you speak with a social security disability lawyer. For assistance with your claim, contact Erwin, McCane & Daly today.
Call us now at 518-449-2245 to discuss your SSDI claim in Albany, NY or contact us online to schedule your free consultation .