- Every year, millions of disabled American citizens apply for Social Security Disability benefits http://www.wcb.ny.gov/ .
- In New York, approximately 57 percent of the disability claims received are denied by the Social Security Administration (SSA).
- It can take New York Social Security Disability applicants anywhere from 274 to 612 days to obtain their disability hearing.
- There are hundreds of conditions that affect a person’s ability to gain substantial employment. The SSA's impairment listing manual, also known as the "Blue Book," contains a list of these conditions.
- The SSA also has a list of 88 conditions that automatically qualify people for disability benefits under the Compassionate Allowances program. This program is intended to expedite the application process for those with severe medical conditions.
- If you have medical documentation to prove that you have one of these qualifying conditions, your initial claim will automatically be flagged by the SSA and processed in 3 weeks.
At EMD Law, we know the numbers, the statistics and the claims process. If you need help with a Disability Claim, call us and we’ll fight for you. Call us today and let’s get started.