Picture this scenario: You’ve been hurt or suffered illness as a result of your job, or your work duties have aggravated a condition that’s been problematic in the past. You’ve followed the right steps, notifying your employer, seeking medical help and asking your doctor to document his findings. Then, you file for Social Security Disability Insurance. But even though your ducks are all in order, your claim is denied. What recourse do you have now?
The best avenue for you is to hire a seasoned expert to appeal your case
Here are 6 Steps a Good SSI Attorney Will Take to Help You:
- Gather the basic facts of your case. Attorneys can spot cases with a higher likelihood of a successful outcome.
- Request the medical records needed to win your claim and submit them to the Social Security Administration (SSA) at the right time before your hearing date.
- Review these records to determine if you need additional testing. Social Security frequently dictates the type of exam needed to win a claim for disability.
- Go over with you the questions you’re likely to face during your hearing.
- Determine if witnesses will be helpful. The SSA allows you to bring a witness to testify about your disability, but your attorney will know if witness testimony is needed to win your case.
- Decide the best way to win your case. First, your lawyer will review your denial letter from Social Security to understand the agency's reasons it denied your claim, then resolve the issues so there’s a better chance of winning.
At EMD Law, our attorneys are well-versed in the intricate process of filing for SSDI. Let us fight for you to get the Social Security Disability benefits you need.